Oct 1, 2011, 4:37 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. First pitch is scheduled for just after 7 p.m. ET.
TAMPA BAY RAYS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. B.J. Upton, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Ben Zobrist, 2B 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Johnny Damon, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Kelly Shoppach, C 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Sean Rodriguez, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Casey Kotchman, 1B 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Matt Joyce, RF 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP James Shields, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
Rangers manager Ron Washington is going with left-handed batters Murphy and Moreland against the right-handed Shields. Napoli, who served as the DH in Game 1, will start behind the plate in Game 2.
Tampa Bay’s Game 1 leadoff man, Rodriguez, is batting seventh in Game 2. Jennings will start things off.
The Rays hold a 1-0 series lead courtesy of rookie Matt Moore‘s fine performance on Friday afternoon.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 41
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (72)