Oct 1, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. First pitch is scheduled for just after 7 p.m. ET.
TAMPA BAY RAYS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. B.J. Upton, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Ben Zobrist, 2B 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Johnny Damon, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Kelly Shoppach, C 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Sean Rodriguez, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Casey Kotchman, 1B 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Matt Joyce, RF 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP James Shields, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
Rangers manager Ron Washington is going with left-handed batters Murphy and Moreland against the right-handed Shields. Napoli, who served as the DH in Game 1, will start behind the plate in Game 2.
Tampa Bay’s Game 1 leadoff man, Rodriguez, is batting seventh in Game 2. Jennings will start things off.
The Rays hold a 1-0 series lead courtesy of rookie Matt Moore‘s fine performance on Friday afternoon.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 9
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 10
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)