Oct 1, 2011, 4:37 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. First pitch is scheduled for just after 7 p.m. ET.
TAMPA BAY RAYS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. B.J. Upton, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Ben Zobrist, 2B 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Johnny Damon, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Kelly Shoppach, C 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Sean Rodriguez, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Casey Kotchman, 1B 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Matt Joyce, RF 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP James Shields, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
Rangers manager Ron Washington is going with left-handed batters Murphy and Moreland against the right-handed Shields. Napoli, who served as the DH in Game 1, will start behind the plate in Game 2.
Tampa Bay’s Game 1 leadoff man, Rodriguez, is batting seventh in Game 2. Jennings will start things off.
The Rays hold a 1-0 series lead courtesy of rookie Matt Moore‘s fine performance on Friday afternoon.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)