Oct 1, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. First pitch is scheduled for just after 7 p.m. ET.
TAMPA BAY RAYS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. B.J. Upton, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Ben Zobrist, 2B 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Johnny Damon, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Kelly Shoppach, C 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Sean Rodriguez, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Casey Kotchman, 1B 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Matt Joyce, RF 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP James Shields, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
Rangers manager Ron Washington is going with left-handed batters Murphy and Moreland against the right-handed Shields. Napoli, who served as the DH in Game 1, will start behind the plate in Game 2.
Tampa Bay’s Game 1 leadoff man, Rodriguez, is batting seventh in Game 2. Jennings will start things off.
The Rays hold a 1-0 series lead courtesy of rookie Matt Moore‘s fine performance on Friday afternoon.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 24
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 68
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (108)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)