Oct 1, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. First pitch is scheduled for just after 7 p.m. ET.
TAMPA BAY RAYS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. B.J. Upton, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Ben Zobrist, 2B 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Johnny Damon, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Kelly Shoppach, C 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Sean Rodriguez, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Casey Kotchman, 1B 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Matt Joyce, RF 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP James Shields, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
Rangers manager Ron Washington is going with left-handed batters Murphy and Moreland against the right-handed Shields. Napoli, who served as the DH in Game 1, will start behind the plate in Game 2.
Tampa Bay’s Game 1 leadoff man, Rodriguez, is batting seventh in Game 2. Jennings will start things off.
The Rays hold a 1-0 series lead courtesy of rookie Matt Moore‘s fine performance on Friday afternoon.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)