Oct 1, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
Former Giants Dave Roberts and Rich Aurilia, as part of their company Red Stitch, are ready to release their new wine, a 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon:
The 2008 Red Stitch Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Malbec and 3% Petit Verdot. The grapes were harvested in October 2008 and aged for 26 months in 75% new French oak.
The 2008 Red Stitch Cabernet exudes an opulent aroma highlighted by beautiful, ripe black fruit, with notes of white chocolate, cassis and crushed graphite. Deep purple and black, the intense color embodies the velvet tannins and beautiful layers of toasted espresso, powdered cocoa and dark vanilla. Well balanced with great acidity, the rich mid-palate reveals hints of gentle oak which join the entire bouquet as it persists through the finish.
It sure sounds tasty, and for $75 per bottle, it better be.
Roberts, Aurilia, their wives and friends John and Noelle Micek started Red Stitch after the 2008 baseball season. This will be their second release. Last year’s Cab was awarded 92 points by Wine Spectator.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)