Oct 1, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
Former Giants Dave Roberts and Rich Aurilia, as part of their company Red Stitch, are ready to release their new wine, a 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon:
The 2008 Red Stitch Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Malbec and 3% Petit Verdot. The grapes were harvested in October 2008 and aged for 26 months in 75% new French oak.
The 2008 Red Stitch Cabernet exudes an opulent aroma highlighted by beautiful, ripe black fruit, with notes of white chocolate, cassis and crushed graphite. Deep purple and black, the intense color embodies the velvet tannins and beautiful layers of toasted espresso, powdered cocoa and dark vanilla. Well balanced with great acidity, the rich mid-palate reveals hints of gentle oak which join the entire bouquet as it persists through the finish.
It sure sounds tasty, and for $75 per bottle, it better be.
Roberts, Aurilia, their wives and friends John and Noelle Micek started Red Stitch after the 2008 baseball season. This will be their second release. Last year’s Cab was awarded 92 points by Wine Spectator.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)