Oct 1, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
Former Giants Dave Roberts and Rich Aurilia, as part of their company Red Stitch, are ready to release their new wine, a 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon:
The 2008 Red Stitch Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Malbec and 3% Petit Verdot. The grapes were harvested in October 2008 and aged for 26 months in 75% new French oak.
The 2008 Red Stitch Cabernet exudes an opulent aroma highlighted by beautiful, ripe black fruit, with notes of white chocolate, cassis and crushed graphite. Deep purple and black, the intense color embodies the velvet tannins and beautiful layers of toasted espresso, powdered cocoa and dark vanilla. Well balanced with great acidity, the rich mid-palate reveals hints of gentle oak which join the entire bouquet as it persists through the finish.
It sure sounds tasty, and for $75 per bottle, it better be.
Roberts, Aurilia, their wives and friends John and Noelle Micek started Red Stitch after the 2008 baseball season. This will be their second release. Last year’s Cab was awarded 92 points by Wine Spectator.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17