Oct 1, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
Former Giants Dave Roberts and Rich Aurilia, as part of their company Red Stitch, are ready to release their new wine, a 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon:
The 2008 Red Stitch Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Malbec and 3% Petit Verdot. The grapes were harvested in October 2008 and aged for 26 months in 75% new French oak.
The 2008 Red Stitch Cabernet exudes an opulent aroma highlighted by beautiful, ripe black fruit, with notes of white chocolate, cassis and crushed graphite. Deep purple and black, the intense color embodies the velvet tannins and beautiful layers of toasted espresso, powdered cocoa and dark vanilla. Well balanced with great acidity, the rich mid-palate reveals hints of gentle oak which join the entire bouquet as it persists through the finish.
It sure sounds tasty, and for $75 per bottle, it better be.
Roberts, Aurilia, their wives and friends John and Noelle Micek started Red Stitch after the 2008 baseball season. This will be their second release. Last year’s Cab was awarded 92 points by Wine Spectator.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)