Oct 1, 2011, 11:13 AM EST
Parker, who was just promoted from the minors in September, gave up four hits over 5 2/3 shutout innings Tuesday in his major league debut against the Dodgers. The 22-year-old isn’t getting the Matt Moore treatment, though, as Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson intends to use him out of the bullpen for now.
After missing the entire 2010 season following Tommy John surgery, Parker posted a 3.79 ERA and 112/55 K/BB ratio over 130 2/3 innings with Double-A Mobile this season. The 2007 first-round pick has top-of-the-rotation potential in the long-term.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 85
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (85)