Oct 1, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
Parker, who was just promoted from the minors in September, gave up four hits over 5 2/3 shutout innings Tuesday in his major league debut against the Dodgers. The 22-year-old isn’t getting the Matt Moore treatment, though, as Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson intends to use him out of the bullpen for now.
After missing the entire 2010 season following Tommy John surgery, Parker posted a 3.79 ERA and 112/55 K/BB ratio over 130 2/3 innings with Double-A Mobile this season. The 2007 first-round pick has top-of-the-rotation potential in the long-term.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (77)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (71)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)