Oct 1, 2011, 11:13 AM EST
Parker, who was just promoted from the minors in September, gave up four hits over 5 2/3 shutout innings Tuesday in his major league debut against the Dodgers. The 22-year-old isn’t getting the Matt Moore treatment, though, as Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson intends to use him out of the bullpen for now.
After missing the entire 2010 season following Tommy John surgery, Parker posted a 3.79 ERA and 112/55 K/BB ratio over 130 2/3 innings with Double-A Mobile this season. The 2007 first-round pick has top-of-the-rotation potential in the long-term.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40