Oct 1, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
Parker, who was just promoted from the minors in September, gave up four hits over 5 2/3 shutout innings Tuesday in his major league debut against the Dodgers. The 22-year-old isn’t getting the Matt Moore treatment, though, as Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson intends to use him out of the bullpen for now.
After missing the entire 2010 season following Tommy John surgery, Parker posted a 3.79 ERA and 112/55 K/BB ratio over 130 2/3 innings with Double-A Mobile this season. The 2007 first-round pick has top-of-the-rotation potential in the long-term.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 0
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)