Oct 1, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
Justin Morneau is apparently trying to set the record for the most offseason surgeries of all-time.
Phil Mackey of 1500 ESPN in the Twin Cities reports that Morneau had minor surgery on his left wrist yesterday morning, just 10 days after undergoing procedures on his left knee and right foot.
According to Twins general manager Bill Smith, Morneau underwent a stabilization procedure on a tendon and will need to wear a cast for six weeks. This is the same very wrist that kept Morneau sidelined for most of June.
Morneau was limited to just 69 games this season, batting .227/.285/.333 with four home runs, 30 RBI and a .618 OPS over 288 plate appearances. In addition to a multitude of injuries, his concussion symptoms returned at the end of August, casting doubt upon his status for the 2012 season and beyond.
2006 first-round pick Chris Parmelee batted .355/.443/.592 with four homers, 14 RBI and a 1.035 OPS over 88 plate appearances as a September call-up, but the Twins might secure an insurance policy for first base this winter.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 0
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 2
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 20
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner