Oct 1, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Phillies. First pitch is scheduled for 5:07 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Chase Utley, 2B 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Hunter Pence, RF 4. Lance Berkman, LF 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. David Freese, 3B 5. Shane Victorino, CF 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Raul Ibanez, LF 7. Skip Schumaker, 2B 7. Placido Polanco, 3B 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Kyle Lohse, RHP 9. Roy Halladay, RHP
As expected, Matt Holliday is not in the Cardinals’ starting lineup due to ongoing discomfort in his right middle finger. His replacement, Allen “Wrench” Craig, batted .327/.364/.692 with five home runs and 12 RBI in 52 September at-bats.
Furcal is back in action after missing the final two games of the regular season due to a tweaked hamstring. He slugged seven homers in 50 games after joining St. Louis at the non-waiver trade deadline.
No surprises for Philly. They’ll look to get off to a fast start for Halladay, who posted a 2.65 ERA and 110/17 K/BB ratio this season when backed by 3-5 runs, and a 1.33 ERA and 61/8 K/BB ratio when given six or more.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 23
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)