Oct 1, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Phillies. First pitch is scheduled for 5:07 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Chase Utley, 2B 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Hunter Pence, RF 4. Lance Berkman, LF 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. David Freese, 3B 5. Shane Victorino, CF 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Raul Ibanez, LF 7. Skip Schumaker, 2B 7. Placido Polanco, 3B 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Kyle Lohse, RHP 9. Roy Halladay, RHP
As expected, Matt Holliday is not in the Cardinals’ starting lineup due to ongoing discomfort in his right middle finger. His replacement, Allen “Wrench” Craig, batted .327/.364/.692 with five home runs and 12 RBI in 52 September at-bats.
Furcal is back in action after missing the final two games of the regular season due to a tweaked hamstring. He slugged seven homers in 50 games after joining St. Louis at the non-waiver trade deadline.
No surprises for Philly. They’ll look to get off to a fast start for Halladay, who posted a 2.65 ERA and 110/17 K/BB ratio this season when backed by 3-5 runs, and a 1.33 ERA and 61/8 K/BB ratio when given six or more.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)