Oct 1, 2011, 1:44 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Phillies. First pitch is scheduled for 5:07 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Chase Utley, 2B 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Hunter Pence, RF 4. Lance Berkman, LF 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. David Freese, 3B 5. Shane Victorino, CF 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Raul Ibanez, LF 7. Skip Schumaker, 2B 7. Placido Polanco, 3B 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Kyle Lohse, RHP 9. Roy Halladay, RHP
As expected, Matt Holliday is not in the Cardinals’ starting lineup due to ongoing discomfort in his right middle finger. His replacement, Allen “Wrench” Craig, batted .327/.364/.692 with five home runs and 12 RBI in 52 September at-bats.
Furcal is back in action after missing the final two games of the regular season due to a tweaked hamstring. He slugged seven homers in 50 games after joining St. Louis at the non-waiver trade deadline.
No surprises for Philly. They’ll look to get off to a fast start for Halladay, who posted a 2.65 ERA and 110/17 K/BB ratio this season when backed by 3-5 runs, and a 1.33 ERA and 61/8 K/BB ratio when given six or more.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 19
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 92
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)