Oct 1, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Phillies. First pitch is scheduled for 5:07 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Chase Utley, 2B 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Hunter Pence, RF 4. Lance Berkman, LF 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. David Freese, 3B 5. Shane Victorino, CF 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Raul Ibanez, LF 7. Skip Schumaker, 2B 7. Placido Polanco, 3B 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Kyle Lohse, RHP 9. Roy Halladay, RHP
As expected, Matt Holliday is not in the Cardinals’ starting lineup due to ongoing discomfort in his right middle finger. His replacement, Allen “Wrench” Craig, batted .327/.364/.692 with five home runs and 12 RBI in 52 September at-bats.
Furcal is back in action after missing the final two games of the regular season due to a tweaked hamstring. He slugged seven homers in 50 games after joining St. Louis at the non-waiver trade deadline.
No surprises for Philly. They’ll look to get off to a fast start for Halladay, who posted a 2.65 ERA and 110/17 K/BB ratio this season when backed by 3-5 runs, and a 1.33 ERA and 61/8 K/BB ratio when given six or more.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 7
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)