Oct 1, 2011, 1:44 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Phillies. First pitch is scheduled for 5:07 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Chase Utley, 2B 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Hunter Pence, RF 4. Lance Berkman, LF 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. David Freese, 3B 5. Shane Victorino, CF 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Raul Ibanez, LF 7. Skip Schumaker, 2B 7. Placido Polanco, 3B 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Kyle Lohse, RHP 9. Roy Halladay, RHP
As expected, Matt Holliday is not in the Cardinals’ starting lineup due to ongoing discomfort in his right middle finger. His replacement, Allen “Wrench” Craig, batted .327/.364/.692 with five home runs and 12 RBI in 52 September at-bats.
Furcal is back in action after missing the final two games of the regular season due to a tweaked hamstring. He slugged seven homers in 50 games after joining St. Louis at the non-waiver trade deadline.
No surprises for Philly. They’ll look to get off to a fast start for Halladay, who posted a 2.65 ERA and 110/17 K/BB ratio this season when backed by 3-5 runs, and a 1.33 ERA and 61/8 K/BB ratio when given six or more.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)