Oct 2, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS between the Tigers and Yankees, set to get underway this afternoon around 3:00 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Derek Jeter, SS 2. Magglio Ordonez, RF 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 3. Delmon Young, LF 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 5. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Mark Teixeira, 1B 6. Alex Avila, C 6. Nick Swisher, RF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Jorge Posada, DH 8. Wilson Betemit, 3B 8. Russell Martin, C 9. Ramon Santiago, 2B 9. Brett Gardner, LF SP Max Scherzer, RHP SP Freddy Garcia, RHP
The Tigers have switched things up a bit following their poor Game 1 showing. Santiago replaces Ryan Raburn at second base and Betemit will start at the hot corner in place of Game 1 starter Brandon Inge.
The Yanks are featuring the same lineup that netted them a 9-3 Game 1 victory. They hold a 1-0 series lead.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)