Oct 2, 2011, 12:37 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS between the Tigers and Yankees, set to get underway this afternoon around 3:00 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Derek Jeter, SS 2. Magglio Ordonez, RF 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 3. Delmon Young, LF 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 5. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Mark Teixeira, 1B 6. Alex Avila, C 6. Nick Swisher, RF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Jorge Posada, DH 8. Wilson Betemit, 3B 8. Russell Martin, C 9. Ramon Santiago, 2B 9. Brett Gardner, LF SP Max Scherzer, RHP SP Freddy Garcia, RHP
The Tigers have switched things up a bit following their poor Game 1 showing. Santiago replaces Ryan Raburn at second base and Betemit will start at the hot corner in place of Game 1 starter Brandon Inge.
The Yanks are featuring the same lineup that netted them a 9-3 Game 1 victory. They hold a 1-0 series lead.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)