Oct 2, 2011, 8:33 AM EDT
Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton, a No. 1 overall selection of the Rays back in 1999, is not looking forward to returning to Tropicana Field on Monday for Game 3 of the ALDS. And he is not looking forward to facing Tampa Bay left-hander David Price.
“In the dome, it sucks,” Hamilton said. “I was messing with [Price] at the All-Star Game and said, ‘I hope we get to face you some time in Texas.’ But you got to take it as it comes, just try to go over there and battle him. He’s similar to Matt Moore, but Price throws a little heavier ball.”
(Quotes comes courtesy of Jon Machota with the Dallas Morning News)
It’s not typically wise to dabble in small sample sizes, but for the sake of this post Hamilton is just 2-for-13 (.154) lifetime against Price and a .172/.246/.293 career hitter in 15 total games at “The Trop.”
The Rays and Rangers are tied 1-1 in their five-game American League Division Series.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel