Oct 2, 2011, 8:33 AM EDT
Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton, a No. 1 overall selection of the Rays back in 1999, is not looking forward to returning to Tropicana Field on Monday for Game 3 of the ALDS. And he is not looking forward to facing Tampa Bay left-hander David Price.
“In the dome, it sucks,” Hamilton said. “I was messing with [Price] at the All-Star Game and said, ‘I hope we get to face you some time in Texas.’ But you got to take it as it comes, just try to go over there and battle him. He’s similar to Matt Moore, but Price throws a little heavier ball.”
(Quotes comes courtesy of Jon Machota with the Dallas Morning News)
It’s not typically wise to dabble in small sample sizes, but for the sake of this post Hamilton is just 2-for-13 (.154) lifetime against Price and a .172/.246/.293 career hitter in 15 total games at “The Trop.”
The Rays and Rangers are tied 1-1 in their five-game American League Division Series.
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis is working on a no-hitter against the Phillies 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 3
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 29
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23