Oct 2, 2011, 8:33 AM EST
Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton, a No. 1 overall selection of the Rays back in 1999, is not looking forward to returning to Tropicana Field on Monday for Game 3 of the ALDS. And he is not looking forward to facing Tampa Bay left-hander David Price.
“In the dome, it sucks,” Hamilton said. “I was messing with [Price] at the All-Star Game and said, ‘I hope we get to face you some time in Texas.’ But you got to take it as it comes, just try to go over there and battle him. He’s similar to Matt Moore, but Price throws a little heavier ball.”
(Quotes comes courtesy of Jon Machota with the Dallas Morning News)
It’s not typically wise to dabble in small sample sizes, but for the sake of this post Hamilton is just 2-for-13 (.154) lifetime against Price and a .172/.246/.293 career hitter in 15 total games at “The Trop.”
The Rays and Rangers are tied 1-1 in their five-game American League Division Series.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 21
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 77
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 43
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 40
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (77)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)