Oct 2, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Phillies, set to get underway Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Chase Utley, 2B 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Hunter Pence, RF 4. Lance Berkman, LF 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. David Freese, 3B 5. Shane Victorino, CF 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Raul Ibanez, LF 7. Ryan Theriot, 2B 7. Placido Polanco, 3B 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Chris Carpenter, RHP 9. Cliff Lee, LHP
Matt Holliday was able to pinch-hit at the end of Saturday’s loss, but he is still being bothered by discomfort in his right middle finger. Craig is drawing yet another start in the outfield. Pujols has a sore heel but will continue playing through the pain. Theriot starts at second base in place of Skip Schumaker, who struggles against left-handed pitching.
The Phillies are using the same exact batting order that helped them to an 11-6 victory in Game 1.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 46
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 19
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72