Oct 2, 2011, 4:52 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Phillies, set to get underway Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Chase Utley, 2B 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Hunter Pence, RF 4. Lance Berkman, LF 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. David Freese, 3B 5. Shane Victorino, CF 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Raul Ibanez, LF 7. Ryan Theriot, 2B 7. Placido Polanco, 3B 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Chris Carpenter, RHP 9. Cliff Lee, LHP
Matt Holliday was able to pinch-hit at the end of Saturday’s loss, but he is still being bothered by discomfort in his right middle finger. Craig is drawing yet another start in the outfield. Pujols has a sore heel but will continue playing through the pain. Theriot starts at second base in place of Skip Schumaker, who struggles against left-handed pitching.
The Phillies are using the same exact batting order that helped them to an 11-6 victory in Game 1.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)