Oct 2, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Cardinals and Phillies, set to get underway Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. ET.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Chase Utley, 2B 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Hunter Pence, RF 4. Lance Berkman, LF 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. David Freese, 3B 5. Shane Victorino, CF 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Raul Ibanez, LF 7. Ryan Theriot, 2B 7. Placido Polanco, 3B 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Chris Carpenter, RHP 9. Cliff Lee, LHP
Matt Holliday was able to pinch-hit at the end of Saturday’s loss, but he is still being bothered by discomfort in his right middle finger. Craig is drawing yet another start in the outfield. Pujols has a sore heel but will continue playing through the pain. Theriot starts at second base in place of Skip Schumaker, who struggles against left-handed pitching.
The Phillies are using the same exact batting order that helped them to an 11-6 victory in Game 1.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)