Oct 2, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Diamondbacks and Brewers. First pitch is scheduled for 5:00 p.m. ET.
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS MILWAUKEE BREWERS 1. Willie Bloomquist, SS 1. Corey Hart, RF 2. Aaron Hill, 2B 2. Nyjer Morgan, CF 3. Justin Upton, RF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 4. Miguel Montero, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Paul Goldschmidt, 1B 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 6. Chris Young, CF 6. Jerry Hairston Jr., 3B 7. Ryan Roberts, 3B 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 8. Manny Parra, LF 8. Jonathan Lucroy, C 9. Daniel Hudson, RHP 9. Zack Greinke, RHP
Lyle Overbay went 0-for-3 with a strikeout in Saturday’s Game 1 loss, so Goldschmidt gets the start in Game 2. The powerful rookie first baseman tallied eight home runs alongside a .250/.333/.474 batting line in 48 regular-season games.
The Brewers are featuring the same lineup that led them to a 4-1 victory in Game 1. There was some thought that Casey McGehee might start at third base, but Hairston had an RBI Saturday and is the better defender.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)