Oct 2, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Diamondbacks and Brewers. First pitch is scheduled for 5:00 p.m. ET.
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS MILWAUKEE BREWERS 1. Willie Bloomquist, SS 1. Corey Hart, RF 2. Aaron Hill, 2B 2. Nyjer Morgan, CF 3. Justin Upton, RF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 4. Miguel Montero, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Paul Goldschmidt, 1B 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 6. Chris Young, CF 6. Jerry Hairston Jr., 3B 7. Ryan Roberts, 3B 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 8. Manny Parra, LF 8. Jonathan Lucroy, C 9. Daniel Hudson, RHP 9. Zack Greinke, RHP
Lyle Overbay went 0-for-3 with a strikeout in Saturday’s Game 1 loss, so Goldschmidt gets the start in Game 2. The powerful rookie first baseman tallied eight home runs alongside a .250/.333/.474 batting line in 48 regular-season games.
The Brewers are featuring the same lineup that led them to a 4-1 victory in Game 1. There was some thought that Casey McGehee might start at third base, but Hairston had an RBI Saturday and is the better defender.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 49
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 147
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (149)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)