Oct 2, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Diamondbacks and Brewers. First pitch is scheduled for 5:00 p.m. ET.
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS MILWAUKEE BREWERS 1. Willie Bloomquist, SS 1. Corey Hart, RF 2. Aaron Hill, 2B 2. Nyjer Morgan, CF 3. Justin Upton, RF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 4. Miguel Montero, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Paul Goldschmidt, 1B 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 6. Chris Young, CF 6. Jerry Hairston Jr., 3B 7. Ryan Roberts, 3B 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 8. Manny Parra, LF 8. Jonathan Lucroy, C 9. Daniel Hudson, RHP 9. Zack Greinke, RHP
Lyle Overbay went 0-for-3 with a strikeout in Saturday’s Game 1 loss, so Goldschmidt gets the start in Game 2. The powerful rookie first baseman tallied eight home runs alongside a .250/.333/.474 batting line in 48 regular-season games.
The Brewers are featuring the same lineup that led them to a 4-1 victory in Game 1. There was some thought that Casey McGehee might start at third base, but Hairston had an RBI Saturday and is the better defender.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 7
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 83
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 59
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (77)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)