Oct 2, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Diamondbacks and Brewers. First pitch is scheduled for 5:00 p.m. ET.
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS MILWAUKEE BREWERS 1. Willie Bloomquist, SS 1. Corey Hart, RF 2. Aaron Hill, 2B 2. Nyjer Morgan, CF 3. Justin Upton, RF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 4. Miguel Montero, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Paul Goldschmidt, 1B 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 6. Chris Young, CF 6. Jerry Hairston Jr., 3B 7. Ryan Roberts, 3B 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 8. Manny Parra, LF 8. Jonathan Lucroy, C 9. Daniel Hudson, RHP 9. Zack Greinke, RHP
Lyle Overbay went 0-for-3 with a strikeout in Saturday’s Game 1 loss, so Goldschmidt gets the start in Game 2. The powerful rookie first baseman tallied eight home runs alongside a .250/.333/.474 batting line in 48 regular-season games.
The Brewers are featuring the same lineup that led them to a 4-1 victory in Game 1. There was some thought that Casey McGehee might start at third base, but Hairston had an RBI Saturday and is the better defender.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)