Oct 2, 2011, 8:17 PM EDT
It’s Chris Carpenter vs. Cliff Lee in Game 2. Must-win for the Cardinals? I hate to be so dramatic, but yeah, if you fall down 0-2 in a five game series you’re kinda screwed. Especially considering that your Game 3 opponent will be Cole Hamels. So, yes, I’d say that St. Louis had better figure it out tonight lest they want to watch the NLCS under the same conditions the rest of us will be.
So let’s chat this up, shall we? First pitch at 8:37pm.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)