Oct 2, 2011, 8:17 PM EST
It’s Chris Carpenter vs. Cliff Lee in Game 2. Must-win for the Cardinals? I hate to be so dramatic, but yeah, if you fall down 0-2 in a five game series you’re kinda screwed. Especially considering that your Game 3 opponent will be Cole Hamels. So, yes, I’d say that St. Louis had better figure it out tonight lest they want to watch the NLCS under the same conditions the rest of us will be.
So let’s chat this up, shall we? First pitch at 8:37pm.
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 0
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 338
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (338)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)