Oct 2, 2011, 8:17 PM EDT
It’s Chris Carpenter vs. Cliff Lee in Game 2. Must-win for the Cardinals? I hate to be so dramatic, but yeah, if you fall down 0-2 in a five game series you’re kinda screwed. Especially considering that your Game 3 opponent will be Cole Hamels. So, yes, I’d say that St. Louis had better figure it out tonight lest they want to watch the NLCS under the same conditions the rest of us will be.
So let’s chat this up, shall we? First pitch at 8:37pm.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 16
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)