Oct 2, 2011, 8:17 PM EST
It’s Chris Carpenter vs. Cliff Lee in Game 2. Must-win for the Cardinals? I hate to be so dramatic, but yeah, if you fall down 0-2 in a five game series you’re kinda screwed. Especially considering that your Game 3 opponent will be Cole Hamels. So, yes, I’d say that St. Louis had better figure it out tonight lest they want to watch the NLCS under the same conditions the rest of us will be.
So let’s chat this up, shall we? First pitch at 8:37pm.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)