Oct 3, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Rangers-Rays series:
TEXAS RANGERS TAMPA BAY RAYS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. B.J. Upton, CF 3. Josh Hamilton, LF 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 4. Michael Young, DH 4. Matt Joyce, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Johnny Damon, DH 6. Mike Napoli, C 6. Ben Zobrist, 2B 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Casey Kotchman, 1B 8. Mitch Moreland, 1B 8. John Jaso, C 9. Craig Gentry, CF 9. Reid Brignac, SS SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP David Price, LHP
Ron Washington is using a different lineup against left-hander David Price than he used in Game 1 against left-hander Matt Moore, as Josh Hamilton and Craig Gentry flip-flop spots in the outfield and Michael Young slides from first base to designated hitter while Mitch Moreland (a lefty bat) replaces Yorvit Torrealba (a righty bat).
Meanwhile, after facing left-handed starters in back-to-back games the Rays are turning to their standard lineup versus right-handers, which includes three right-handed hitters atop the lineup followed by six consecutive left-handed (or switch-) hitters.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 47
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 35
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 52
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)