Oct 3, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Rangers-Rays series:
TEXAS RANGERS TAMPA BAY RAYS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. B.J. Upton, CF 3. Josh Hamilton, LF 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 4. Michael Young, DH 4. Matt Joyce, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Johnny Damon, DH 6. Mike Napoli, C 6. Ben Zobrist, 2B 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Casey Kotchman, 1B 8. Mitch Moreland, 1B 8. John Jaso, C 9. Craig Gentry, CF 9. Reid Brignac, SS SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP David Price, LHP
Ron Washington is using a different lineup against left-hander David Price than he used in Game 1 against left-hander Matt Moore, as Josh Hamilton and Craig Gentry flip-flop spots in the outfield and Michael Young slides from first base to designated hitter while Mitch Moreland (a lefty bat) replaces Yorvit Torrealba (a righty bat).
Meanwhile, after facing left-handed starters in back-to-back games the Rays are turning to their standard lineup versus right-handers, which includes three right-handed hitters atop the lineup followed by six consecutive left-handed (or switch-) hitters.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (228)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)