Oct 3, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Rangers-Rays series:
TEXAS RANGERS TAMPA BAY RAYS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. B.J. Upton, CF 3. Josh Hamilton, LF 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 4. Michael Young, DH 4. Matt Joyce, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Johnny Damon, DH 6. Mike Napoli, C 6. Ben Zobrist, 2B 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Casey Kotchman, 1B 8. Mitch Moreland, 1B 8. John Jaso, C 9. Craig Gentry, CF 9. Reid Brignac, SS SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP David Price, LHP
Ron Washington is using a different lineup against left-hander David Price than he used in Game 1 against left-hander Matt Moore, as Josh Hamilton and Craig Gentry flip-flop spots in the outfield and Michael Young slides from first base to designated hitter while Mitch Moreland (a lefty bat) replaces Yorvit Torrealba (a righty bat).
Meanwhile, after facing left-handed starters in back-to-back games the Rays are turning to their standard lineup versus right-handers, which includes three right-handed hitters atop the lineup followed by six consecutive left-handed (or switch-) hitters.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15