Oct 3, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Rangers-Rays series:
TEXAS RANGERS TAMPA BAY RAYS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. B.J. Upton, CF 3. Josh Hamilton, LF 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 4. Michael Young, DH 4. Matt Joyce, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Johnny Damon, DH 6. Mike Napoli, C 6. Ben Zobrist, 2B 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Casey Kotchman, 1B 8. Mitch Moreland, 1B 8. John Jaso, C 9. Craig Gentry, CF 9. Reid Brignac, SS SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP David Price, LHP
Ron Washington is using a different lineup against left-hander David Price than he used in Game 1 against left-hander Matt Moore, as Josh Hamilton and Craig Gentry flip-flop spots in the outfield and Michael Young slides from first base to designated hitter while Mitch Moreland (a lefty bat) replaces Yorvit Torrealba (a righty bat).
Meanwhile, after facing left-handed starters in back-to-back games the Rays are turning to their standard lineup versus right-handers, which includes three right-handed hitters atop the lineup followed by six consecutive left-handed (or switch-) hitters.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)