Oct 3, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Yankees-Tigers series:
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Derek Jeter, SS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Delmon Young, LF 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 5. Mark Teixeira, 1B 5. Victor Martinez, DH 6. Nick Swisher, RF 6. Magglio Ordonez, RF 7. Jorge Posada, DH 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Russell Martin, C 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Brett Gardner, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B SP CC Sabathia, LHP SP Justin Verlander, RHP
This is the same pitching matchup as Game 1 (initially, at least), but the two managers have taken different approaches the second time around.
Joe Girardi went with an identical lineup versus Justin Verlander, which includes Jorge Posada over Jesus Montero at designated hitter.
Jim Leyland changed things up a bit compared to his Game 1 lineup versus CC Sabathia, swapping out Ryan Raburn for Ramon Santiago at second base, moving Magglio Ordonez from No. 2 to No. 6, and moving Alex Avila from No. 6 to No. 8. Santiago is 7-for-24 (.292) off Sabathia during his career, but a) his .625 OPS against the southpaw is nothing special, and b) apparently that track record didn’t mean as much heading into Game 1 in Leyland’s mind.
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 55
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (107)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (95)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team