Oct 3, 2011, 4:40 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Yankees-Tigers series:
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Derek Jeter, SS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Delmon Young, LF 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 5. Mark Teixeira, 1B 5. Victor Martinez, DH 6. Nick Swisher, RF 6. Magglio Ordonez, RF 7. Jorge Posada, DH 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Russell Martin, C 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Brett Gardner, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B SP CC Sabathia, LHP SP Justin Verlander, RHP
This is the same pitching matchup as Game 1 (initially, at least), but the two managers have taken different approaches the second time around.
Joe Girardi went with an identical lineup versus Justin Verlander, which includes Jorge Posada over Jesus Montero at designated hitter.
Jim Leyland changed things up a bit compared to his Game 1 lineup versus CC Sabathia, swapping out Ryan Raburn for Ramon Santiago at second base, moving Magglio Ordonez from No. 2 to No. 6, and moving Alex Avila from No. 6 to No. 8. Santiago is 7-for-24 (.292) off Sabathia during his career, but a) his .625 OPS against the southpaw is nothing special, and b) apparently that track record didn’t mean as much heading into Game 1 in Leyland’s mind.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 42
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)