Oct 3, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Yankees-Tigers series:
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Derek Jeter, SS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Delmon Young, LF 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 5. Mark Teixeira, 1B 5. Victor Martinez, DH 6. Nick Swisher, RF 6. Magglio Ordonez, RF 7. Jorge Posada, DH 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Russell Martin, C 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Brett Gardner, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B SP CC Sabathia, LHP SP Justin Verlander, RHP
This is the same pitching matchup as Game 1 (initially, at least), but the two managers have taken different approaches the second time around.
Joe Girardi went with an identical lineup versus Justin Verlander, which includes Jorge Posada over Jesus Montero at designated hitter.
Jim Leyland changed things up a bit compared to his Game 1 lineup versus CC Sabathia, swapping out Ryan Raburn for Ramon Santiago at second base, moving Magglio Ordonez from No. 2 to No. 6, and moving Alex Avila from No. 6 to No. 8. Santiago is 7-for-24 (.292) off Sabathia during his career, but a) his .625 OPS against the southpaw is nothing special, and b) apparently that track record didn’t mean as much heading into Game 1 in Leyland’s mind.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)