Oct 3, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Yankees-Tigers series:
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Derek Jeter, SS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Delmon Young, LF 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 5. Mark Teixeira, 1B 5. Victor Martinez, DH 6. Nick Swisher, RF 6. Magglio Ordonez, RF 7. Jorge Posada, DH 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Russell Martin, C 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Brett Gardner, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B SP CC Sabathia, LHP SP Justin Verlander, RHP
This is the same pitching matchup as Game 1 (initially, at least), but the two managers have taken different approaches the second time around.
Joe Girardi went with an identical lineup versus Justin Verlander, which includes Jorge Posada over Jesus Montero at designated hitter.
Jim Leyland changed things up a bit compared to his Game 1 lineup versus CC Sabathia, swapping out Ryan Raburn for Ramon Santiago at second base, moving Magglio Ordonez from No. 2 to No. 6, and moving Alex Avila from No. 6 to No. 8. Santiago is 7-for-24 (.292) off Sabathia during his career, but a) his .625 OPS against the southpaw is nothing special, and b) apparently that track record didn’t mean as much heading into Game 1 in Leyland’s mind.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 1
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)