ALDS Yankees-Tigers Game 3 Live Chat

Oct 3, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT

Tigers starting pitcher Verlander throws to the Yankees during first inning in Game 1 of their MLB American League Division Series baseball playoffs in New York

Jose Valverde says this series is already over, but we’re going to have ourselves a live chat, anyway.

CC Sabathia and Justin Verlander will meet tonight in a rematch of Friday’s suspended Game 1. Sabathia threw 27 pitches and allowed one run over two innings before the rains came while Verlander gave up one run and threw 25 pitches over an inning of work. Is tonight a “must win” for both teams? No, but now that this is a best of three, whoever wins tonight will certainly have the upper hand.

Looking for lineups? We have you covered right here.

1. halladaysbiceps - Oct 3, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I never bring social issues to this site. Never! But, there are some really bright guys on this site and I know this to be fact. I have a question that has been close to my heart that I want a response to. Was Amanda Knox innocent and railroaded by an inept Italian court system? I believe, with all the counter-evidence, she was innocent. I followed the case very closely.

Once again, I never talk about any topics outside of baseball in here. But, I respect the most intelligent HBT folks wouldn’t mind and offer some opinions on the matter. I really hope I am not out of line with this.

• lukeslice - Oct 3, 2011 at 10:46 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• cur68 - Oct 4, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Sure looked that way, same as Troy Davis. Different outcomes though.

2. 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Oct 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Ramon Santiago: Yankee killer

3. aceshigh11 - Oct 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Man, oh man…the Yankees are in TROUBLE now.

4. cur68 - Oct 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Helluva game. So tense you could see the bricks Girardi was crapping and Leyland must have had 10 nicotine patches on. I was rooting for extra innings, then I didn’t care who won. Still the 9 they played was super tense to the last pitch. Game had it all; homers, hit batters, leadership quality strike outs, 101 mph pitching, ‘who’da thunkit’ bullpen second guessing, even Cap’n Crunch & Judge Dredd Verlander looking at times human and at times inhuman. Best post season game thus far.

DJ hosted a great chat; multiple conversations, everyone having a blast, side comments and even a chicken-fried donut eating wager. Some awesome handles showed up. I kid you not; Megatron was there. He’s much cooler than you’d think once you get him talking baseball…Sadly Aquaman and Joe West ‘crashed’. They were ignored till they left. I predict rain and ejections tomorrow.

I love me some post season baseball.

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Oct 4, 2011 at 1:09 AM

How many pitchers hit 100 mph on their 115th pitch?

• cur68 - Oct 4, 2011 at 1:44 AM

I can think of only one other guy; His name is “Nolan Ryan” and he was watching the Rangers game.

Can Angels recoup loss of Richards?
  1. R. Castillo (4493)