Oct 3, 2011, 8:25 PM EST
Jose Valverde says this series is already over, but we’re going to have ourselves a live chat, anyway.
CC Sabathia and Justin Verlander will meet tonight in a rematch of Friday’s suspended Game 1. Sabathia threw 27 pitches and allowed one run over two innings before the rains came while Verlander gave up one run and threw 25 pitches over an inning of work. Is tonight a “must win” for both teams? No, but now that this is a best of three, whoever wins tonight will certainly have the upper hand.
Looking for lineups? We have you covered right here.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)