Oct 3, 2011, 4:10 PM EST
Joe West’s umpiring crew was broken up in the middle of the season, with Angel Hernandez being shipped out. As The Common Man — who had previously tracked Joe West’s exploits — notes over at The Platoon Advantage today, West must have gotten the message:
Indeed, West’s crew, which was lapping the field in early July for the most ejections in baseball, only tossed seven people over the course of the second half. They were caught and passed by Jerry Layne’s crew in September, and almost caught by Tim Tschida’s crew of umpires as well.
He was almost docile in the second half. Amazing what a little tough love can do.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)