Oct 3, 2011, 4:10 PM EST
Joe West’s umpiring crew was broken up in the middle of the season, with Angel Hernandez being shipped out. As The Common Man — who had previously tracked Joe West’s exploits — notes over at The Platoon Advantage today, West must have gotten the message:
Indeed, West’s crew, which was lapping the field in early July for the most ejections in baseball, only tossed seven people over the course of the second half. They were caught and passed by Jerry Layne’s crew in September, and almost caught by Tim Tschida’s crew of umpires as well.
He was almost docile in the second half. Amazing what a little tough love can do.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)