Oct 3, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
On Saturday Robinson Cano was the Game 1 ALDS hero. In the wake of that, columns were written pumping him up to demigod status.
On Sunday, Cano came up to bat in the ninth with the tying runs on base and grounded to second. He gets this the next morning:
Good or bad, that’s pretty much life for a New York ballplayer.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)