Oct 3, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
On Saturday Robinson Cano was the Game 1 ALDS hero. In the wake of that, columns were written pumping him up to demigod status.
On Sunday, Cano came up to bat in the ninth with the tying runs on base and grounded to second. He gets this the next morning:
Good or bad, that’s pretty much life for a New York ballplayer.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (76)