Oct 3, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
On Saturday Robinson Cano was the Game 1 ALDS hero. In the wake of that, columns were written pumping him up to demigod status.
On Sunday, Cano came up to bat in the ninth with the tying runs on base and grounded to second. He gets this the next morning:
Good or bad, that’s pretty much life for a New York ballplayer.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)