Oct 3, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
Sometimes I wonder if Fox is involved in a grand experiment to drive baseball fans into insanity. The latest reason: they’re going to announce today that A.J. Pierzynski will part of their World Series coverage, helping host the studio shows with Chris Rose and Eric Karros.
Maybe he’ll be good. I don’t know. But with Pierzynski, you’re starting with a player that fans around the game widely loathe and who was recently named other players’ least-favorite player in all of baseball. I suppose a sports broadcast could be improved with a heel, but it strikes me that people should, you know, like the people who bring the baseball into their living rooms each night.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 42
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)