Oct 3, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
Sometimes I wonder if Fox is involved in a grand experiment to drive baseball fans into insanity. The latest reason: they’re going to announce today that A.J. Pierzynski will part of their World Series coverage, helping host the studio shows with Chris Rose and Eric Karros.
Maybe he’ll be good. I don’t know. But with Pierzynski, you’re starting with a player that fans around the game widely loathe and who was recently named other players’ least-favorite player in all of baseball. I suppose a sports broadcast could be improved with a heel, but it strikes me that people should, you know, like the people who bring the baseball into their living rooms each night.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)