Oct 3, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
General manager Tony Reagins resigned Friday and today the Angels cleaned house even further by firing assistant general manager Ken Forsch and special assistant to the general manager Gary Sutherland.
They’d filled those roles for 14 and 12 years, respectively, working with both Reagins and his predecessor Bill Stoneman.
Obviously there were any number of moves and non-moves that led to this major shakeup in the Angels’ front office, but considering his acquisition is first on the list I wonder how Vernon Wells feels about all this.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)