Oct 3, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
General manager Tony Reagins resigned Friday and today the Angels cleaned house even further by firing assistant general manager Ken Forsch and special assistant to the general manager Gary Sutherland.
They’d filled those roles for 14 and 12 years, respectively, working with both Reagins and his predecessor Bill Stoneman.
Obviously there were any number of moves and non-moves that led to this major shakeup in the Angels’ front office, but considering his acquisition is first on the list I wonder how Vernon Wells feels about all this.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 57
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)