Oct 3, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
General manager Tony Reagins resigned Friday and today the Angels cleaned house even further by firing assistant general manager Ken Forsch and special assistant to the general manager Gary Sutherland.
They’d filled those roles for 14 and 12 years, respectively, working with both Reagins and his predecessor Bill Stoneman.
Obviously there were any number of moves and non-moves that led to this major shakeup in the Angels’ front office, but considering his acquisition is first on the list I wonder how Vernon Wells feels about all this.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)