Oct 3, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
General manager Tony Reagins resigned Friday and today the Angels cleaned house even further by firing assistant general manager Ken Forsch and special assistant to the general manager Gary Sutherland.
They’d filled those roles for 14 and 12 years, respectively, working with both Reagins and his predecessor Bill Stoneman.
Obviously there were any number of moves and non-moves that led to this major shakeup in the Angels’ front office, but considering his acquisition is first on the list I wonder how Vernon Wells feels about all this.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 59
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)