Oct 3, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
General manager Tony Reagins resigned Friday and today the Angels cleaned house even further by firing assistant general manager Ken Forsch and special assistant to the general manager Gary Sutherland.
They’d filled those roles for 14 and 12 years, respectively, working with both Reagins and his predecessor Bill Stoneman.
Obviously there were any number of moves and non-moves that led to this major shakeup in the Angels’ front office, but considering his acquisition is first on the list I wonder how Vernon Wells feels about all this.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (220)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)