Oct 4, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the Rangers-Rays series:
TEXAS RANGERS TAMPA BAY RAYS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. B.J. Upton, CF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 4. Michael Young, DH 4. Ben Zobrist, 2B 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Johnny Damon, DH 6. Mike Napoli, C 6. Kelly Shoppach, C 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Sean Rodriguez, SS 8. David Murphy, LF 8. Casey Kotchman, 1B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B 9. Matt Joyce, RF SP Matt Harrison, LHP SP Jeremy Hellickson, RHP
Ron Washington is trotting out the same lineup against right-hander Jeremy Hellickson that he used in Game 2 versus right-hander James Shields, which means David Murphy in left field, Josh Hamilton in center field, and speedster Craig Gentry on the bench.
For the third time in four games the Rays will face a left-handed starter and that’s the exact same lineup Joe Maddon used against southpaw Derek Holland in Game 2. Maddon also started those same nine hitters versus lefty C.J. Wilson in Game 1, but had Sean Rodriguez atop the lineup and Desmond Jennings hitting eighth to break up Casey Kotchman’s and Matt Joyce’s lefty bats.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)