Oct 4, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the Rangers-Rays series:
TEXAS RANGERS TAMPA BAY RAYS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Desmond Jennings, LF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. B.J. Upton, CF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Evan Longoria, 3B 4. Michael Young, DH 4. Ben Zobrist, 2B 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Johnny Damon, DH 6. Mike Napoli, C 6. Kelly Shoppach, C 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Sean Rodriguez, SS 8. David Murphy, LF 8. Casey Kotchman, 1B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B 9. Matt Joyce, RF SP Matt Harrison, LHP SP Jeremy Hellickson, RHP
Ron Washington is trotting out the same lineup against right-hander Jeremy Hellickson that he used in Game 2 versus right-hander James Shields, which means David Murphy in left field, Josh Hamilton in center field, and speedster Craig Gentry on the bench.
For the third time in four games the Rays will face a left-handed starter and that’s the exact same lineup Joe Maddon used against southpaw Derek Holland in Game 2. Maddon also started those same nine hitters versus lefty C.J. Wilson in Game 1, but had Sean Rodriguez atop the lineup and Desmond Jennings hitting eighth to break up Casey Kotchman’s and Matt Joyce’s lefty bats.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 0
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 41
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)