HBT Extra: Talking NLDS Game 3

Oct 4, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT

Tiffany asks me if the Phillies should panic. Though the thought would make me happy I, alas, had to answer truthfully.
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. bigleagues - Oct 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Tiffany has great . . . . . teeth!

:-0

• proudlycanadian - Oct 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM

And better hair than Craig.

• Jonny 5 - Oct 4, 2011 at 12:17 PM

You better respect my girl Tiffany punk. You don’t want me to become an internet tough guy on you.

2. cur68 - Oct 4, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Tiffany like the Brewers *scribbles madly in journal*….hmmmm Brewers, they must be eliminated…..

3. thefalcon123 - Oct 4, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I’ve stated this before but this myth keeps popping up. The Cardinals bullpen is not a problem. It *was* a problem, then they ditched Franklin, Miller, Tallet and Batista

The Cardinals current bullpen has:
    Jason Motte, 2.25 ERA, 8.3 k/9, 2.1 BB/9, 0.3 HR/9
    Fernando Salas: 2.28 ERA, 9 k/9, 2.5 BB/9, 0.8 HR/9
    Mitchell Boggs: 3.56 ERA, 7.1 k/9, 3.1 BB/9, 0.6 HR/9
    Kyle McClellan* 4.19 ERA, 4.8 K/9, 2.7 BB/9, 1.3 HR/9
    Mark Kzepczynski: 3.34 ERA, 8.9 K/9, 3.8 BB/9, 0.4 HR/9
    Octavio Dotel: 3.50 ERA, 10.3 k/9, 2.8 bb/9, 1 HR/9

*combined as starter and reliever

• proudlycanadian - Oct 4, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Too bad you do not have an edit function. Zep’s name is hard to spell, but an edit function if it existed would allow you to correct the mistake.

• cur68 - Oct 4, 2011 at 12:09 PM

This is why he’s known as “Scrabble”. Everyone can spell that.

• Francisco (FC) - Oct 4, 2011 at 12:21 PM

If you have ski on the board, all you need is Rzepczyn, since there aren’t enough z’s in the scrabble bag you need a white space. Depending on location, you’ll get at least 73 points with no bonuses at all but easily more than 100 with a double or triple word bonus and some letter bonuses thrown in.

• Jonny 5 - Oct 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Who cares about spelling when NOBODY has a clue as to how it’s pronounced anyway???

• proudlycanadian - Oct 4, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Zep Chin Ski

• thefalcon123 - Oct 4, 2011 at 3:28 PM

The best part was that I look it up on baseballreference and I still misspelled it.

Still not as bad as Mike Kryzewski (which is inexplicably pronouced Sha-shef-ski).

4. cardsfanindelaware - Oct 4, 2011 at 11:40 AM

No need for Philadelphia to panic for they have seen their team play at home for the last time this year. What is happening now is that the body is dead and that the nervous system hasn’t shut down yet.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Yes I am talking to all the Pholly fans that said a) Phollies sweep the Cards in 4 or b) the Phollies win all 3 at home… actually everyone said the Cards didn’t have a snowballs chance in hell… just like they had no shot to getting into the postseason.

• drmonkeyarmy - Oct 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Stop with the us against the world, old school Georgetown Hoya nonsense. Just because people might have picked the Phillies doesn’t mean people weren’t giving them a chance.

5. bleedgreen - Oct 4, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I laughed a little bit.

6. Jonny 5 - Oct 4, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Sure the Phills have the ability, but in a 3 game series, losing home field advantage. Well, let’s just say anything can happen.

• Chris Fiorentino - Oct 4, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I agree totally J5…and if the Cardinals get past the Phillies, beating Lee, Hamels, and either Oswalt or Doc on short rest, then hats off to them. It would set up one of the longer off-seasons in the history of the franchise as this season would be a COLOSSAL FAILURE if they lose in the NLDS.

• Jonny 5 - Oct 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I,eye, I, don’t even want to think along those lines right now. It makes me queasy. Or is it the fact that my truck broke, and my dishwasher, at the same time??? Ahh who cares, when it rains it pours. Well, back to class for me…

All the trade deadline news to know