Oct 4, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Phillies-Cardinals series:
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 2. Chase Utley, 2B 2. Allen Craig, LF 3. Hunter Pence, RF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 4. Lance Berkman, RF 5. Shane Victorino, CF 5. David Freese, 3B 6. John Mayberry Jr., LF 6. Yadier Molina, C 7. Placido Polanco, 3B 7. Ryan Theriot, 2B 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 8. Jon Jay, CF 9. Cole Hamels, SP 9. Jaime Garcia, SP
As hinted yesterday, the big difference for the Phillies here is John Mayberry Jr. starting in left field over Raul Ibanez against the left-hander Jaime Garcia. Mayberry batted .306/.358/.595 with eight homers and .953 OPS over 120 plate appearances against southpaws this season while Ibanez batted just .211/.232/.353 with four homers and a .585 OPS over 138 plate appearances. Otherwise, this is the same lineup we saw in the first two games.
As for the Cardinals, this is the exact same lineup Tony La Russa used in Game 2 against left-hander Cliff Lee. The only difference is that Lance Berkman is back in right field while Allen Craig is playing left. The first seven batters in the order will hit from the right side of the plate, including Ryan Theriot, who makes his second straight start over Skip Schumaker at second base. Matt Holliday is out of the lineup again due to his ailing right middle finger, but is available to pinch-hit.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11