Oct 4, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
I’m old and I go to sleep early so I never watch SNL these days. Given that people have been saying that it’s no good anymore for about the last 30 years, I suppose it’s the same as it ever was: some good stuff, some bad stuff, with the quality ebbing and flowing because that’s just how comedy works.
But sometimes they hit one out of the park. And they did in this one which, while having nothing to do with baseball, is relevant to our interests here and will resonate with many of you, I’m sure.
Not that any of you are like this. At all. Ever. Biceps. Gator. Cup0Pizza. Fiorentino. Jonny5. Cur68. Dr. Monkeyarmy. Paperlions. The Baseball Idiot. Ditto65. FC. Or any of the rest of you.
(Thanks to CrashburnAlley for the link)
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 1
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 19
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 346
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 81
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 53
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (346)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (180)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)