Oct 4, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
I’m old and I go to sleep early so I never watch SNL these days. Given that people have been saying that it’s no good anymore for about the last 30 years, I suppose it’s the same as it ever was: some good stuff, some bad stuff, with the quality ebbing and flowing because that’s just how comedy works.
But sometimes they hit one out of the park. And they did in this one which, while having nothing to do with baseball, is relevant to our interests here and will resonate with many of you, I’m sure.
Not that any of you are like this. At all. Ever. Biceps. Gator. Cup0Pizza. Fiorentino. Jonny5. Cur68. Dr. Monkeyarmy. Paperlions. The Baseball Idiot. Ditto65. FC. Or any of the rest of you.
(Thanks to CrashburnAlley for the link)
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)