Oct 4, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
They got this one right.
Schumaker, who had just entered as a defensive replacement at the start of the inning, argued the call right away, leading to all six umpires huddling. Following a minute-long discussion, Ruiz was ruled out.
It was a terrific diving catch from Schumaker, helping to keep it a two-run game in the top of the ninth. The Cards were down 3-1 at the time.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 19
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)