Oct 5, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Lee would normally do his between-starts throwing today, so instead he’ll skip that and be ready to pitch an inning or two if needed against the Cardinals. And it sounds like Manuel is treating him like more than just an emergency option.
Lee’s last relief appearance came in 2007 for the Indians, when he was demoted to Triple-A in the middle of the season and returned in September as a reliever. He won the AL Cy Young award the next year and has made 136 starts since then, including the playoffs.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)