Oct 5, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Lee would normally do his between-starts throwing today, so instead he’ll skip that and be ready to pitch an inning or two if needed against the Cardinals. And it sounds like Manuel is treating him like more than just an emergency option.
Lee’s last relief appearance came in 2007 for the Indians, when he was demoted to Triple-A in the middle of the season and returned in September as a reliever. He won the AL Cy Young award the next year and has made 136 starts since then, including the playoffs.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)