Oct 5, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Lee would normally do his between-starts throwing today, so instead he’ll skip that and be ready to pitch an inning or two if needed against the Cardinals. And it sounds like Manuel is treating him like more than just an emergency option.
Lee’s last relief appearance came in 2007 for the Indians, when he was demoted to Triple-A in the middle of the season and returned in September as a reliever. He won the AL Cy Young award the next year and has made 136 starts since then, including the playoffs.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)