Oct 5, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
There are a times when a guy I’ve never heard of shows up in a box score. I try to cover every team as much as possible and that hurt’s one’s depth of baseball knowledge, so it happens. I don’t know every fourth outfielder or fifth bullpen arm in the game and if a dude has split time between the minors and the bigs in a season and hasn’t otherwise made headlines and/or played for an NL East team, no, it’s not likely that I know him. Just one of those things.
I’d like to think, however, that if I was covering one city’s teams and one of those teams was in a playoff series, that I’d know the opposition’s roster fairly well. But maybe that’s asking too much.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 33
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 47
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 65
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)