Oct 5, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
With the Rangers the first team to advance past the first round manager Ron Washington announced that they’ll predictably line up C.J. Wilson to start Game 1 of the ALCS and will also keep Alexi Ogando in the bullpen.
Ogando spent nearly the entire season in the Rangers’ rotation, starting 29 games, but made three scoreless appearances setting up Neftali Feliz in the ALDS win over the Rays.
If the Rangers stick with their ALDS rotation Wilson will be followed by Derek Holland, Colby Lewis, and Matt Harrison, but no official announcement has been made beyond the Game 1 assignment and Washington’s preference may change depending on whether they’re facing the Yankees or Tigers.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 56
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 98
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (98)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)