Oct 5, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
With the Rangers the first team to advance past the first round manager Ron Washington announced that they’ll predictably line up C.J. Wilson to start Game 1 of the ALCS and will also keep Alexi Ogando in the bullpen.
Ogando spent nearly the entire season in the Rangers’ rotation, starting 29 games, but made three scoreless appearances setting up Neftali Feliz in the ALDS win over the Rays.
If the Rangers stick with their ALDS rotation Wilson will be followed by Derek Holland, Colby Lewis, and Matt Harrison, but no official announcement has been made beyond the Game 1 assignment and Washington’s preference may change depending on whether they’re facing the Yankees or Tigers.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)