Oct 5, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
With the Rangers the first team to advance past the first round manager Ron Washington announced that they’ll predictably line up C.J. Wilson to start Game 1 of the ALCS and will also keep Alexi Ogando in the bullpen.
Ogando spent nearly the entire season in the Rangers’ rotation, starting 29 games, but made three scoreless appearances setting up Neftali Feliz in the ALDS win over the Rays.
If the Rangers stick with their ALDS rotation Wilson will be followed by Derek Holland, Colby Lewis, and Matt Harrison, but no official announcement has been made beyond the Game 1 assignment and Washington’s preference may change depending on whether they’re facing the Yankees or Tigers.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)