Oct 5, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
With the Rangers the first team to advance past the first round manager Ron Washington announced that they’ll predictably line up C.J. Wilson to start Game 1 of the ALCS and will also keep Alexi Ogando in the bullpen.
Ogando spent nearly the entire season in the Rangers’ rotation, starting 29 games, but made three scoreless appearances setting up Neftali Feliz in the ALDS win over the Rays.
If the Rangers stick with their ALDS rotation Wilson will be followed by Derek Holland, Colby Lewis, and Matt Harrison, but no official announcement has been made beyond the Game 1 assignment and Washington’s preference may change depending on whether they’re facing the Yankees or Tigers.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead