Oct 5, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Even after the Phillies took a 2-1 series lead over the Cardinals yesterday Shane Victorino mostly just wanted to talk about the Budweiser Clydesdales being part of the on-field pregame festivities in St. Louis, telling Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com:
How about the horses? They went around a second time and crapped all by our dugout. It smelled awful. I think they did it on purpose. There was poo everywhere.
That’s obviously the leader in the clubhouse for best quote of the postseason and Salisbury described Victorino as “giddy” while uttering it.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39