Oct 5, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Even after the Phillies took a 2-1 series lead over the Cardinals yesterday Shane Victorino mostly just wanted to talk about the Budweiser Clydesdales being part of the on-field pregame festivities in St. Louis, telling Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com:
How about the horses? They went around a second time and crapped all by our dugout. It smelled awful. I think they did it on purpose. There was poo everywhere.
That’s obviously the leader in the clubhouse for best quote of the postseason and Salisbury described Victorino as “giddy” while uttering it.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)