Oct 5, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
White Sox? No. Muskrats:
The Laconia Muskrats of the New England Collegiate Baseball League faxed a job offer to Francona’s agent immediately after he was released from his contract with the major league club last week, but haven’t heard back.
Horrible fit for Francona, really. A collegiate league is going to have a number of players under the age of 21 and, if my reading of the Boston press for the past few days is any guide, the only thing Terry Francona contributed to the Red Sox for the past eight years was forcing pitchers to drink beer in the clubhouse during games.
That’s what I took away from it anyway.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 0
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 19
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 9
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 171
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (171)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)