Oct 5, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
I’m against abuse of emergency services, but given the caller’s age and the situation, I wholeheartedly endorse this use of 911 and offer thanks to our brave first responders:
A 97-year-old man who wanted to watch a Milwaukee Brewers game called 911 to report someone had stolen his remote control … The remote control was found after police responded, so the man was able to watch the Brewers game.
But for the grace of God go I in 59 years.
(link via BTF)
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)