Oct 5, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
I’m against abuse of emergency services, but given the caller’s age and the situation, I wholeheartedly endorse this use of 911 and offer thanks to our brave first responders:
A 97-year-old man who wanted to watch a Milwaukee Brewers game called 911 to report someone had stolen his remote control … The remote control was found after police responded, so the man was able to watch the Brewers game.
But for the grace of God go I in 59 years.
(link via BTF)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)