Oct 6, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the Tigers-Yankees series tonight:
DETROIT TIGERS NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Derek Jeter, SS 2. Don Kelly, 3B 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 3. Delmon Young, LF 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 5. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Mark Teixeira, 1B 6. Magglio Ordonez, RF 6. Nick Swisher, RF 7. Alex Avila, C 7. Jorge Posada, DH 8. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Russell Martin, C 9. Ramon Santiago, 2B 9. Brett Gardner, LF SP Doug Fister, RHP SP Ivan Nova, RHP
Wilson Betemit is 0-for-10 in the series and rather than turn to Brandon Inge manager Jim Leyland has opted to go with Don Kelly at third base. Kelly is 3-for-7 in the series, but he’s also a 31-year-old career .240 hitter with a ghastly .285 on-base percentage and .363 slugging percentage in 287 games and has logged just 444 innings at third base in the majors. Starting him at third base in a do-or-die game is an odd move and batting him second in the order is even weirder. It also means the three guys hitting directly in front of cleanup man Miguel Cabrera had on-base percentages of .317, .302, and .291 this year.
No changes for the Yankees, who’re sticking with the exact same lineup they used in each of the first four games of the series.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 4
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?