Oct 6, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the Tigers-Yankees series tonight:
DETROIT TIGERS NEW YORK YANKEES 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Derek Jeter, SS 2. Don Kelly, 3B 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 3. Delmon Young, LF 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 5. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Mark Teixeira, 1B 6. Magglio Ordonez, RF 6. Nick Swisher, RF 7. Alex Avila, C 7. Jorge Posada, DH 8. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Russell Martin, C 9. Ramon Santiago, 2B 9. Brett Gardner, LF SP Doug Fister, RHP SP Ivan Nova, RHP
Wilson Betemit is 0-for-10 in the series and rather than turn to Brandon Inge manager Jim Leyland has opted to go with Don Kelly at third base. Kelly is 3-for-7 in the series, but he’s also a 31-year-old career .240 hitter with a ghastly .285 on-base percentage and .363 slugging percentage in 287 games and has logged just 444 innings at third base in the majors. Starting him at third base in a do-or-die game is an odd move and batting him second in the order is even weirder. It also means the three guys hitting directly in front of cleanup man Miguel Cabrera had on-base percentages of .317, .302, and .291 this year.
No changes for the Yankees, who’re sticking with the exact same lineup they used in each of the first four games of the series.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11