Oct 6, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
Bryan Stow’s family reported Thursday that the formerly comatose Giants fan has had the tube removed from his tracheotomy procedure and that he continues to spreak with a “stronger and clearer voice.”
Giants manager Bruce Bochy visited Stow for 45 minutes on Saturday, telling him that he wanted to see him at spring training in Arizona next year. The following day, Stow got a visit from his favorite band, Queensryche.
Stow continues to deal with blood clots and isn’t quite up for full conversations yet, but it’s clear he’s made a lot of progress these last few weeks. It sounds like one of his and his family’s goals is to have him up and ready to throw out the first pitch at a Giants game next year.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (87)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (82)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)