Oct 6, 2011, 10:48 PM EST
Delmon Young took his place in left field at the beginning of the seventh inning Thursday night at Yankee Stadium, then suddenly headed back to the visitors dugout after a couple of warmup tosses. He was later spotted heading down the clubhouse steps with a trainer, clutching the left side of his abdomen.
After a short examination by team physicians, it was determined that Young — who was 2-for-4 with a solo home run before exiting — suffered a mild left oblique strain. This according to Marc Carig, a Yankees beat writer for New Jersey’s Newark Star-Ledger.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27