Oct 6, 2011, 10:48 PM EDT
Delmon Young took his place in left field at the beginning of the seventh inning Thursday night at Yankee Stadium, then suddenly headed back to the visitors dugout after a couple of warmup tosses. He was later spotted heading down the clubhouse steps with a trainer, clutching the left side of his abdomen.
After a short examination by team physicians, it was determined that Young — who was 2-for-4 with a solo home run before exiting — suffered a mild left oblique strain. This according to Marc Carig, a Yankees beat writer for New Jersey’s Newark Star-Ledger.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)