Oct 6, 2011, 10:48 PM EDT
Delmon Young took his place in left field at the beginning of the seventh inning Thursday night at Yankee Stadium, then suddenly headed back to the visitors dugout after a couple of warmup tosses. He was later spotted heading down the clubhouse steps with a trainer, clutching the left side of his abdomen.
After a short examination by team physicians, it was determined that Young — who was 2-for-4 with a solo home run before exiting — suffered a mild left oblique strain. This according to Marc Carig, a Yankees beat writer for New Jersey’s Newark Star-Ledger.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)