Oct 6, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that baseball broadcaster Tim McCarver underwent a successful minor heart procedure on Thursday.
Former Red Sox manager Terry Francona has already been named McCarver’s replacement on FOX for the first two games of the ALCS, but the veteran McCarver should be able to return in time for Game 3 if his recovery goes as planned. Francona will essentially be making his broadcasting debut.
McCarver has been a commentator since the late 70s and has been paired on FOX with Joe Buck since 1996. Whether you despise that pairing or McCarver himself, good health is always worth rooting for.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)