Oct 6, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that baseball broadcaster Tim McCarver underwent a successful minor heart procedure on Thursday.
Former Red Sox manager Terry Francona has already been named McCarver’s replacement on FOX for the first two games of the ALCS, but the veteran McCarver should be able to return in time for Game 3 if his recovery goes as planned. Francona will essentially be making his broadcasting debut.
McCarver has been a commentator since the late 70s and has been paired on FOX with Joe Buck since 1996. Whether you despise that pairing or McCarver himself, good health is always worth rooting for.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)