Oct 6, 2011, 8:18 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that baseball broadcaster Tim McCarver underwent a successful minor heart procedure on Thursday.
Former Red Sox manager Terry Francona has already been named McCarver’s replacement on FOX for the first two games of the ALCS, but the veteran McCarver should be able to return in time for Game 3 if his recovery goes as planned. Francona will essentially be making his broadcasting debut.
McCarver has been a commentator since the late 70s and has been paired on FOX with Joe Buck since 1996. Whether you despise that pairing or McCarver himself, good health is always worth rooting for.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)