Oct 6, 2011, 8:18 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that baseball broadcaster Tim McCarver underwent a successful minor heart procedure on Thursday.
Former Red Sox manager Terry Francona has already been named McCarver’s replacement on FOX for the first two games of the ALCS, but the veteran McCarver should be able to return in time for Game 3 if his recovery goes as planned. Francona will essentially be making his broadcasting debut.
McCarver has been a commentator since the late 70s and has been paired on FOX with Joe Buck since 1996. Whether you despise that pairing or McCarver himself, good health is always worth rooting for.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)