Oct 6, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that baseball broadcaster Tim McCarver underwent a successful minor heart procedure on Thursday.
Former Red Sox manager Terry Francona has already been named McCarver’s replacement on FOX for the first two games of the ALCS, but the veteran McCarver should be able to return in time for Game 3 if his recovery goes as planned. Francona will essentially be making his broadcasting debut.
McCarver has been a commentator since the late 70s and has been paired on FOX with Joe Buck since 1996. Whether you despise that pairing or McCarver himself, good health is always worth rooting for.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 44
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 6
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (134)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)