Oct 6, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
Last week the judge told Frank McCourt’s lawyers that they’re not entitled to get into the financial information of the other 29 teams as he tries to make a case that Bud Selig is treating him unfairly. The other day McCourt filed a motion to have the judge reconsider that ruling. Yesterday the lawyers argued for a reconsideration in court.
At the end of it, the judge basically told them what judges always tell litigants asking the court to change its mind. Here’s what I believe to be exclusive video of the judge making his decision. Here’s a longer version of the decision.
Every day in which Frank McCourt comes closer to losing control of the Dodgers is a better day than the one that came before.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)