Oct 6, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
Last week the judge told Frank McCourt’s lawyers that they’re not entitled to get into the financial information of the other 29 teams as he tries to make a case that Bud Selig is treating him unfairly. The other day McCourt filed a motion to have the judge reconsider that ruling. Yesterday the lawyers argued for a reconsideration in court.
At the end of it, the judge basically told them what judges always tell litigants asking the court to change its mind. Here’s what I believe to be exclusive video of the judge making his decision. Here’s a longer version of the decision.
Every day in which Frank McCourt comes closer to losing control of the Dodgers is a better day than the one that came before.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 0
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)