Oct 6, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
Last week the judge told Frank McCourt’s lawyers that they’re not entitled to get into the financial information of the other 29 teams as he tries to make a case that Bud Selig is treating him unfairly. The other day McCourt filed a motion to have the judge reconsider that ruling. Yesterday the lawyers argued for a reconsideration in court.
At the end of it, the judge basically told them what judges always tell litigants asking the court to change its mind. Here’s what I believe to be exclusive video of the judge making his decision. Here’s a longer version of the decision.
Every day in which Frank McCourt comes closer to losing control of the Dodgers is a better day than the one that came before.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (243)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)