Oct 6, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
Last week the judge told Frank McCourt’s lawyers that they’re not entitled to get into the financial information of the other 29 teams as he tries to make a case that Bud Selig is treating him unfairly. The other day McCourt filed a motion to have the judge reconsider that ruling. Yesterday the lawyers argued for a reconsideration in court.
At the end of it, the judge basically told them what judges always tell litigants asking the court to change its mind. Here’s what I believe to be exclusive video of the judge making his decision. Here’s a longer version of the decision.
Every day in which Frank McCourt comes closer to losing control of the Dodgers is a better day than the one that came before.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 13
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 81
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (81)