Oct 6, 2011, 2:44 PM EST
Bench coach Ken Oberkfell was let go yesterday as part of the Mets’ coaching staff shakeup and Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that their list of candidates to replace him includes former Nationals manager Jim Riggleman.
In addition to Riggleman, who stepped down in the middle of the season over a contract dispute, the Mets’ bench coach search is also said to include former A’s manager Bob Geren, former Mariners manager John McLaren, and former Phillies manager Larry Bowa.
Terry Collins has already had his contract option for 2013 picked up, so as of now his job security seems pretty strong, but pursuing four different former big-league managers as his bench coach would at the very least put a potential replacement in the same dugout.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (80)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)