Oct 6, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
How very rock and roll: Tim Lincecum is being sued by his San Francisco landlord, who claims that Lincecum “broke, stained, defaced, tore, injured or destroyed” some $200,000 worth of furniture, fixtures and appliances in his Mission District apartment.
According to the Mercury News, landlord Mindy Freile’s complains that all manner of items were damaged or stolen, including “bedding, doors, carpet, pillows, kitchenware, linens, furniture, household appliances, art work, decorations, patio furniture, lights, lamps, and mirrors, among other things.” Freile’s attorney said “My belief is there was some kind of party that left it in really bad condition. Maybe there’s a perfectly good explanation on his side, but we haven’t heard it yet.”
The suit, which seeks $350,000 in total damages, also says that Lincecum basically squatted in the place after his lease expired on February 28th, and that he didn’t leave until May 13th. Which is interesting, because Lincecum would have been in Scottsdale at spring training for half that time. Which suggests that he got most of the trashing out of the way in the second half of that period or else he had a couple of friends, you know, watching the place.
For his part, Lincecum’s agent says that the suit is totally baseless and that he won’t dignify it with a response. His lawyer probably should, though.
For my part I would be shocked — shocked! — to learn that Lincecum parties hard in his apartment.
Oh, wait …
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)