Oct 6, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
How very rock and roll: Tim Lincecum is being sued by his San Francisco landlord, who claims that Lincecum “broke, stained, defaced, tore, injured or destroyed” some $200,000 worth of furniture, fixtures and appliances in his Mission District apartment.
According to the Mercury News, landlord Mindy Freile’s complains that all manner of items were damaged or stolen, including “bedding, doors, carpet, pillows, kitchenware, linens, furniture, household appliances, art work, decorations, patio furniture, lights, lamps, and mirrors, among other things.” Freile’s attorney said “My belief is there was some kind of party that left it in really bad condition. Maybe there’s a perfectly good explanation on his side, but we haven’t heard it yet.”
The suit, which seeks $350,000 in total damages, also says that Lincecum basically squatted in the place after his lease expired on February 28th, and that he didn’t leave until May 13th. Which is interesting, because Lincecum would have been in Scottsdale at spring training for half that time. Which suggests that he got most of the trashing out of the way in the second half of that period or else he had a couple of friends, you know, watching the place.
For his part, Lincecum’s agent says that the suit is totally baseless and that he won’t dignify it with a response. His lawyer probably should, though.
For my part I would be shocked — shocked! — to learn that Lincecum parties hard in his apartment.
Oh, wait …
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 11
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 37
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)