Oct 6, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
How very rock and roll: Tim Lincecum is being sued by his San Francisco landlord, who claims that Lincecum “broke, stained, defaced, tore, injured or destroyed” some $200,000 worth of furniture, fixtures and appliances in his Mission District apartment.
According to the Mercury News, landlord Mindy Freile’s complains that all manner of items were damaged or stolen, including “bedding, doors, carpet, pillows, kitchenware, linens, furniture, household appliances, art work, decorations, patio furniture, lights, lamps, and mirrors, among other things.” Freile’s attorney said “My belief is there was some kind of party that left it in really bad condition. Maybe there’s a perfectly good explanation on his side, but we haven’t heard it yet.”
The suit, which seeks $350,000 in total damages, also says that Lincecum basically squatted in the place after his lease expired on February 28th, and that he didn’t leave until May 13th. Which is interesting, because Lincecum would have been in Scottsdale at spring training for half that time. Which suggests that he got most of the trashing out of the way in the second half of that period or else he had a couple of friends, you know, watching the place.
For his part, Lincecum’s agent says that the suit is totally baseless and that he won’t dignify it with a response. His lawyer probably should, though.
For my part I would be shocked — shocked! — to learn that Lincecum parties hard in his apartment.
Oh, wait …
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)