Oct 6, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Matt Holliday rejoined the Cardinals’ lineup last night after missing most of the past three weeks with a hand injury and went 1-for-3 with a hit by pitch and two runs scored.
Asked afterward how the injured hand felt, Holliday told Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: “Depends on what you think a lot [of pain] is.”
In other words it doesn’t feel great, but Holliday expected that when he prefaced his return to the lineup by saying it felt “good enough” to contribute. And he needed a shot of numbing agent to play through the pain.
As for his Game 5 status, Holliday left no doubt: “I’ll be out there Friday. I’ll be out there.”
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)