Oct 6, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Matt Holliday rejoined the Cardinals’ lineup last night after missing most of the past three weeks with a hand injury and went 1-for-3 with a hit by pitch and two runs scored.
Asked afterward how the injured hand felt, Holliday told Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: “Depends on what you think a lot [of pain] is.”
In other words it doesn’t feel great, but Holliday expected that when he prefaced his return to the lineup by saying it felt “good enough” to contribute. And he needed a shot of numbing agent to play through the pain.
As for his Game 5 status, Holliday left no doubt: “I’ll be out there Friday. I’ll be out there.”
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 19
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 128
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (128)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)