Oct 6, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Matt Holliday rejoined the Cardinals’ lineup last night after missing most of the past three weeks with a hand injury and went 1-for-3 with a hit by pitch and two runs scored.
Asked afterward how the injured hand felt, Holliday told Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: “Depends on what you think a lot [of pain] is.”
In other words it doesn’t feel great, but Holliday expected that when he prefaced his return to the lineup by saying it felt “good enough” to contribute. And he needed a shot of numbing agent to play through the pain.
As for his Game 5 status, Holliday left no doubt: “I’ll be out there Friday. I’ll be out there.”
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million