Oct 6, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Matt Holliday rejoined the Cardinals’ lineup last night after missing most of the past three weeks with a hand injury and went 1-for-3 with a hit by pitch and two runs scored.
Asked afterward how the injured hand felt, Holliday told Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: “Depends on what you think a lot [of pain] is.”
In other words it doesn’t feel great, but Holliday expected that when he prefaced his return to the lineup by saying it felt “good enough” to contribute. And he needed a shot of numbing agent to play through the pain.
As for his Game 5 status, Holliday left no doubt: “I’ll be out there Friday. I’ll be out there.”
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)