Oct 6, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen brought bench Joey Cora with him from the White Sox to the Marlins, but it looks like the rest of Florida’s coaching staff is going to remain mostly the same under the new manager.
Last week the Marlins announced that hitting coach Eduardo Perez and pitching coach Randy St. Claire would be staying for 2012 and now Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun Sentinel reports that third base coach Joe Espada and bullpen coach Reid Cornelius will also be retained.
Former bench coach Brandon Hyde lost his gig to Cora and first base coach Perry Hill won’t be coming back in 2012 because of a knee injury.
Meanwhile, back in Chicago pitching coach Don Cooper got a multi-year contract extension and hitting coach Greg Walker stepped down immediately after the season.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)