Oct 6, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen brought bench Joey Cora with him from the White Sox to the Marlins, but it looks like the rest of Florida’s coaching staff is going to remain mostly the same under the new manager.
Last week the Marlins announced that hitting coach Eduardo Perez and pitching coach Randy St. Claire would be staying for 2012 and now Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun Sentinel reports that third base coach Joe Espada and bullpen coach Reid Cornelius will also be retained.
Former bench coach Brandon Hyde lost his gig to Cora and first base coach Perry Hill won’t be coming back in 2012 because of a knee injury.
Meanwhile, back in Chicago pitching coach Don Cooper got a multi-year contract extension and hitting coach Greg Walker stepped down immediately after the season.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 5
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 21
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car