Oct 6, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen brought bench Joey Cora with him from the White Sox to the Marlins, but it looks like the rest of Florida’s coaching staff is going to remain mostly the same under the new manager.
Last week the Marlins announced that hitting coach Eduardo Perez and pitching coach Randy St. Claire would be staying for 2012 and now Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun Sentinel reports that third base coach Joe Espada and bullpen coach Reid Cornelius will also be retained.
Former bench coach Brandon Hyde lost his gig to Cora and first base coach Perry Hill won’t be coming back in 2012 because of a knee injury.
Meanwhile, back in Chicago pitching coach Don Cooper got a multi-year contract extension and hitting coach Greg Walker stepped down immediately after the season.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)