Oct 6, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
“Moneyball” made money and everyone loves Clint Eastwood, so it is not at all shocking that another baseball movie is getting off the ground. It’s called “Trouble With the Curve,” and here is the description, courtesy of Indiewire:
Penned by Randy Brown, the film has a great concept, centering on an aging baseball scout, who is slowly going blind, on a final trip with his daughter to check out a hot prospect. If “Moneyball” was an ode to baseball’s journeyman players, ‘Curve’ seems poised to tell the story of the old fogies around the table that Billy Beane couldn’t jive with.
I’m such a Clint Eastwood fan that I’d watch him in a movie about a guy who drags the infield with his four-wheeler for Legion games, so this sounds good to me. Heck, I even loved those movies he did with the orangutan. I even liked “Firefox,” and that was just awful.
Just hope it doesn’t, you know, suck. Eastwood said he was done with acting after “Gran Torino,” and it’s hard to top the way he went out with that. And please, get off my lawn.
(link via BTF)
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)