Oct 6, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
“Moneyball” made money and everyone loves Clint Eastwood, so it is not at all shocking that another baseball movie is getting off the ground. It’s called “Trouble With the Curve,” and here is the description, courtesy of Indiewire:
Penned by Randy Brown, the film has a great concept, centering on an aging baseball scout, who is slowly going blind, on a final trip with his daughter to check out a hot prospect. If “Moneyball” was an ode to baseball’s journeyman players, ‘Curve’ seems poised to tell the story of the old fogies around the table that Billy Beane couldn’t jive with.
I’m such a Clint Eastwood fan that I’d watch him in a movie about a guy who drags the infield with his four-wheeler for Legion games, so this sounds good to me. Heck, I even loved those movies he did with the orangutan. I even liked “Firefox,” and that was just awful.
Just hope it doesn’t, you know, suck. Eastwood said he was done with acting after “Gran Torino,” and it’s hard to top the way he went out with that. And please, get off my lawn.
(link via BTF)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)