Oct 6, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
“Moneyball” made money and everyone loves Clint Eastwood, so it is not at all shocking that another baseball movie is getting off the ground. It’s called “Trouble With the Curve,” and here is the description, courtesy of Indiewire:
Penned by Randy Brown, the film has a great concept, centering on an aging baseball scout, who is slowly going blind, on a final trip with his daughter to check out a hot prospect. If “Moneyball” was an ode to baseball’s journeyman players, ‘Curve’ seems poised to tell the story of the old fogies around the table that Billy Beane couldn’t jive with.
I’m such a Clint Eastwood fan that I’d watch him in a movie about a guy who drags the infield with his four-wheeler for Legion games, so this sounds good to me. Heck, I even loved those movies he did with the orangutan. I even liked “Firefox,” and that was just awful.
Just hope it doesn’t, you know, suck. Eastwood said he was done with acting after “Gran Torino,” and it’s hard to top the way he went out with that. And please, get off my lawn.
(link via BTF)
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)