Oct 6, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
“Moneyball” made money and everyone loves Clint Eastwood, so it is not at all shocking that another baseball movie is getting off the ground. It’s called “Trouble With the Curve,” and here is the description, courtesy of Indiewire:
Penned by Randy Brown, the film has a great concept, centering on an aging baseball scout, who is slowly going blind, on a final trip with his daughter to check out a hot prospect. If “Moneyball” was an ode to baseball’s journeyman players, ‘Curve’ seems poised to tell the story of the old fogies around the table that Billy Beane couldn’t jive with.
I’m such a Clint Eastwood fan that I’d watch him in a movie about a guy who drags the infield with his four-wheeler for Legion games, so this sounds good to me. Heck, I even loved those movies he did with the orangutan. I even liked “Firefox,” and that was just awful.
Just hope it doesn’t, you know, suck. Eastwood said he was done with acting after “Gran Torino,” and it’s hard to top the way he went out with that. And please, get off my lawn.
(link via BTF)
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)