Oct 6, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
We haven’t been posting as much as usual today. Just not a lot happening as four of the six teams still playing in the division series are travelling and the other two are getting ready to play tonight. Baseball is gonna happen and happen in a big way the next two nights, but right now it’s the calm before the storm.
So it makes perfect sense that the biggest thing going on today is that they are — really — having a press conference in St. Louis regarding the squirrel(s) that have disrupted the last two games of the Cardinals-Phillies series.
No word if La Russa will appear at the presser to explain how the squirrel cost the Cardinals Game 3.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)