Oct 6, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
We haven’t been posting as much as usual today. Just not a lot happening as four of the six teams still playing in the division series are travelling and the other two are getting ready to play tonight. Baseball is gonna happen and happen in a big way the next two nights, but right now it’s the calm before the storm.
So it makes perfect sense that the biggest thing going on today is that they are — really — having a press conference in St. Louis regarding the squirrel(s) that have disrupted the last two games of the Cardinals-Phillies series.
No word if La Russa will appear at the presser to explain how the squirrel cost the Cardinals Game 3.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 237
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)