Oct 6, 2011, 9:24 AM EST
Early round playoff baseball is fun, but I’d be lying if I said I’m not feeling a little bit of overload at the moment. Maybe it’d be different if I was just taking it all in from the couch with a beer in my hand, but since I have to actually think about the games a bit and be prepared to talk about them the next day, three or four big games in a day can get a bit overwhelming. Yes, I realize this is a whine for which I should have no sympathy. Please, do not give me any.
The point is that, in light of all of that, I’m more excited than I can imagine for tonight’s Tigers-Yankees game, the only one on the schedule. It feels like a special day. And I’d say that even if every Yankees and Tigers fan in my Twitter feed wasn’t already barfing from the nerves.
Anyway, I’ll be doing a live blog of it tonight. Or a chat using the Cover It Live thing. Not sure which. Which one would you guys prefer? I won’t put a up a formal poll or anything — and I reserve the right to change my mind and go against popular sentiment if I feel like it depending on how I feel at 8PM tonight — but I would like some feedback from you all on the live events we’ve been doing.
Sub-question that has some bearing here: in the live chats, we moderate the comments so as to keep the proceedings from becoming chaotic. Sometimes we do it more Q&A style, with us only putting up questions or observations to which we respond for all to see. Sometimes, even though we still don’t OK everything you submit, we let a zillion zingers go live in a more stream of consciousness thing.
I’d appreciate your thoughts on those two approaches. Keep in mind that games ebb and flow and whoever is running a live event will do both things at various times, but any comments or criticisms you have of the way we handle those things are welcome. Also keep in mind that if reader back-and-forth is what you want, live blogs — and their comments sections — work much better for that.
Anyway: fire away. And thank you for your support.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)