Oct 6, 2011, 9:24 AM EDT
Early round playoff baseball is fun, but I’d be lying if I said I’m not feeling a little bit of overload at the moment. Maybe it’d be different if I was just taking it all in from the couch with a beer in my hand, but since I have to actually think about the games a bit and be prepared to talk about them the next day, three or four big games in a day can get a bit overwhelming. Yes, I realize this is a whine for which I should have no sympathy. Please, do not give me any.
The point is that, in light of all of that, I’m more excited than I can imagine for tonight’s Tigers-Yankees game, the only one on the schedule. It feels like a special day. And I’d say that even if every Yankees and Tigers fan in my Twitter feed wasn’t already barfing from the nerves.
Anyway, I’ll be doing a live blog of it tonight. Or a chat using the Cover It Live thing. Not sure which. Which one would you guys prefer? I won’t put a up a formal poll or anything — and I reserve the right to change my mind and go against popular sentiment if I feel like it depending on how I feel at 8PM tonight — but I would like some feedback from you all on the live events we’ve been doing.
Sub-question that has some bearing here: in the live chats, we moderate the comments so as to keep the proceedings from becoming chaotic. Sometimes we do it more Q&A style, with us only putting up questions or observations to which we respond for all to see. Sometimes, even though we still don’t OK everything you submit, we let a zillion zingers go live in a more stream of consciousness thing.
I’d appreciate your thoughts on those two approaches. Keep in mind that games ebb and flow and whoever is running a live event will do both things at various times, but any comments or criticisms you have of the way we handle those things are welcome. Also keep in mind that if reader back-and-forth is what you want, live blogs — and their comments sections — work much better for that.
Anyway: fire away. And thank you for your support.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)