Your animated Gif of the day: Shane Victorino would like this moment back

Oct 6, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT

OK, we don’t actually have an Animated Gif of the Day — I don’t think I’ve ever even posted one — but sometimes words don’t do a play justice.

I saw this in a Grant Brisbee post over at Baseball Nation. Grant thinks he first saw it from Dan McQuade on Twitter.  Whoever it was that captured this beautiful moment from yesterday’s Cards-Phillies game, however, is doing God’s work:

source:

1. Phillies Homer - Oct 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Ha… embarrassing.

2. deathmonkey41 - Oct 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

It’s just Shaney being Shaney.

3. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Oct 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

So are philly fans getting a little nervous yet? The Cards hung a few runs on Halladay last time out, and only their own crappy pitching let the Phils get away with a win. If they lose tomorrow, will the rest of us revel in Schadenphreude?

• aceshigh11 - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:20 AM

I don’t think Schadenphreude even begins to describe it.

If the Phils and Yanks both exit in the first round, I don’t know what I’ll do with myself.

4. theadam - Oct 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Shane Victorino backwards-throw-while-falling, meet Jose Canseco homerun-off-the-head. You’ll get to know each other well in blooper shows over the next 20 years.

• thefalcon123 - Oct 6, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I think Victorino will get a little less play for 2 reasons:

1. It wasn’t as bad. He slipped, it’s funny, but not as boneheaded as Canseco’s weird leaping to headbutt the ball over the fence move.

2. Shane Victorino’s isn’t a reprehensible douchebag whose failure is cheered by the masses.

5. dailyrev - Oct 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Ah, good old javascript — is there anything it can’t do?

• thefalcon123 - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:44 AM

• kellyb9 - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Yep… animated gifs

6. El Bravo - Oct 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I’m like a silent partner at LaRussa, Theriot & Carpenter. I have voting interest and shared ownership in a rooting capacity only. I come in the office, make problems go away (a la Michael Clayton), take the firm’s money, then leave quietly.

• Utley's Hair - Oct 6, 2011 at 1:12 PM

If and when the Phightins prevail, will you be willing to consume some humble cake there, Cox lover?

• El Bravo - Oct 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Representatives from El Bravo’s legal office could not be reached. A joint statement by LaRussa, Theriot & Carpenter and El Bravo, Esq. was recently released stating that, “Utley’s Hair’s case comes without a scintilla of evidence proving his case and therefore our response at this time is that his claims have no merit.” Further calls were not answered at the time of this press release.

7. seanmk - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM

it was a designed run pass option

• vader000 - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:12 AM

If we’d been at practice we would have seen Victorino practicing that play with a lot success….time’s yours..

• drmonkeyarmy - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:16 AM

This might be the funniest comment I’ve read in quite some time. Well done sir. Well done indeed. Both of you actually.

• kcq101 - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Credit where credit is due….It was a comment from Keith Jones this morning on 94.1.

Great comment and post. Just gotta give Jonesy his props. Don’t want it to get all Carlos Mencia in here….

• vader000 - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I would give credit if I knew what you were talking about, stopped listening to the Idiot Blowhard Yankee Fan and The Moron Team quite awhile ago. Jonesy was always entertaining though…..

• kcq101 - Oct 6, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Sorry vader. I meant to directed my original comment at the seanmk comment, not yours.

I agree with your morning show sentiments. Yet, especially after a loss, I sadistically tune in for a short bit to commiserate, in a sense. Then the nasaly buffoon starts ogling at some twentysomething in the studio, with his panting, drooling, etc., and I have to turn it off in disgust.

If it weren’t for Jonesy and Morganti (when he actually talks), I wouldn’t tune in at all.

• vader000 - Oct 6, 2011 at 12:54 PM

No harm no foul. Couldn’t have said it better myself, its basically the same show everyday…. make dumb short sighted comments that make no sense, drool over anything with tits, agree with the same stupid callers everyday, call for someone to be fired, pat yourself on the back and call it a day. Not lazy programming in the least…. now that hes on fm he cant hide behind hollow am radio ratings, i give him a year before they bring some new blood in….

8. aceshigh11 - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM

LOL, that’s too funny. Poor guy.

9. Paul - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:24 AM

As a Phillies fan I refuse to watch this any longer… unless someone puts “Yakety Sax” in as the background music. Then I will watch it forever.

• Francisco (FC) - Oct 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Just load this on a separate window and watch the GIF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ&noredirect=1

10. protectthishouse54 - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I didn’t think anything would happen this year that could top Ryan Braun’s gradual stumble turned faceplant on the third baseline, but I think this one did it.

11. Utley's Hair - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM

He obviously slipped on Clydesdale crap, which he didn’t see, due to the godawful mid-afternoon start time.

12. Jonny 5 - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I can’t even begin to imagine what was on his mind at that moment.. Oh hell, yes I can…

HeydidanyoneseethatsquirreltodayRoyOswaltispitchingtodayandIthinkheeatssquirrelsIhopehedoesn’teatmylittlebuddyheresquirrelysqquirrelyheylookaballohcrapisthathorsepuckeyonmycleatowislippedithurtnowit’sonmyhandewwwwwwwwwohcraphahahayeahshaneit’scrapheydidanyoneseemybuddysquirrelRoyOswaltmighteathimsincehe’sfrommississippihahahaiknowhowtospellmissippiheypencecanyouspellmissippididyouseethesquirrel?

13. Jonny 5 - Oct 6, 2011 at 11:57 AM

canyouspellmissippididyouseethesquirrel?

• Utley's Hair - Oct 6, 2011 at 12:58 PM

There’s no way that got past the spellcheck.

• Francisco (FC) - Oct 6, 2011 at 1:28 PM

They’re still trying to put it back together

14. paperlions - Oct 6, 2011 at 1:56 PM

I think he just slipped in Clydesdale crap….that stuff probably made the ball slippery too….there was poo everywhere.

15. Utley's Hair - Oct 6, 2011 at 3:11 PM

By the way, for all those who mentioned the Hawaiian’s name with no mention of place of birth, the baseball gods will smite you and turn you into salt to be coated on the rims of Tony LaRussa’s margaritas.

Red Sox shopping Lester and Lackey