Oct 7, 2011, 7:22 PM EST
It wasn’t a banner regular season for the center fielder, but with three homers against Milwaukee and now the defensive play of the month so far, Chris Young is making a name for himself in October.
With Brewers on first and second, Young ran down a long Jerry Hairston Jr. drive in the sixth inning to momentarily keep Friday’s Game 5 tied.
Yuniesky Betancourt did follow with a single, giving Milwaukee a 2-1 lead. But Young’s catch will leave a lasting impression.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to issue with physical 6
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4