Oct 7, 2011, 7:22 PM EDT
It wasn’t a banner regular season for the center fielder, but with three homers against Milwaukee and now the defensive play of the month so far, Chris Young is making a name for himself in October.
With Brewers on first and second, Young ran down a long Jerry Hairston Jr. drive in the sixth inning to momentarily keep Friday’s Game 5 tied.
Yuniesky Betancourt did follow with a single, giving Milwaukee a 2-1 lead. But Young’s catch will leave a lasting impression.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)