Oct 7, 2011, 6:32 PM EST
The Phillies would prefer that Roy Halladay take care of business tonight against the Cardinals, but he has some pretty good reinforcements if needed.
According to David Hale of the Wilmington News Journal, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said this afternoon that both Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels are available in relief for Game 5. Lee allowed five runs over six innings in Game 2 on Sunday while Hamels tossed six shutout innings in Game 3 on Tuesday.
If the situation presents itself, Manuel said he would likely go with Lee first. If Halladay doesn’t need any help and the Phillies advance, Lee would be lined up to start Game 1 of the NLCS on Sunday. If only Lee is used and the Phillies advance, we could see Cole Hamels start Game 1. Of course, if the Phillies lose tonight, none of this will matter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)