Oct 7, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
The fact that Delmon Young‘s health will have an impact on who will represent the American League in the World Series this year is one of those things that didn’t seem all that plausible back in July. Just one of the many reasons to love baseball. But it will have an impact, and given that he strained an oblique last night, it could be negative.
Right now, it’s still unclear if Young will play in the ALCS. When asked after the game last night he said “I don’t know.” Jim Leyland is unsure too. He’ll be re-evaluated today.
Young went 6 for 19 with three homers in the ALDS, including one in the first inning of last night’s game that proved critical. If he can’t go, Ryan Raburn will get the starts. Which, over the course of 162 games may not be a big deal. But Young is hot right now, so the injury is certainly not welcome.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)