Oct 7, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Ivan Nova was pulled from last night’s game after two innings with tightness in his forearm and today the Yankees announced that he’s been diagnosed with a Grade 1 flexor strain.
Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger reports that the Yankees expect the injury to “heal on its own this winter,” so there’s no worry that Nova will need surgery or anything serious.
In the moment there was plenty of speculation that manager Joe Girardi pulled Nova early due to performance issues, but while the right-hander may have been on a short leash after serving up a pair of first-inning homers the injury clear led to his exit.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)