Oct 7, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the Cardinals-Phillies series tonight:
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 2. Skip Schumaker, CF 2. Chase Utley, 2B 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Hunter Pence, RF 4. Lance Berkman, RF 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. Matt Holliday, LF 5. Shane Victorino, CF 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Raul Ibanez, LF 7. David Freese, 3B 7. Placido Polanco, 3B 8. Nick Punto, 2B 8. Carlos Ruiz, C SP Chris Carpenter, RHP SP Roy Halladay, RHP
No changes for the Phillies, who stick with the same lineup they used in Game 4.
Tony La Russa, however, did not stick with the same group, benching Jon Jay while shifting Skip Schumaker to center field and inserting Nick Punto into the lineup at second base. As promised Matt Holliday will again play through his hand injury, with Allen Craig on the bench.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)