Oct 7, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the Diamondbacks-Brewers series:
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS MILWAUKEE BREWERS 1. Willie Bloomquist, SS 1. Corey Hart, RF 2. Aaron Hill, 2B 2. Nyjer Morgan, CF 3. Justin Upton, RF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 4. Miguel Montero, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Paul Goldschmidt, 1B 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 6. Chris Young, CF 6. Jerry Hairston, 3B 7. Ryan Roberts, 3B 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 8. Gerardo Parra, LF 8. Jonathan Lucroy, C SP Ian Kennedy, RHP SP Yovani Gallardo, RHP
Lyle Overbay was the Diamondbacks’ starting first baseman against Yovani Gallardo in Game 1 of this series, but manager Kirk Gibson has decided to go with Paul Goldschmidt versus Gallardo the second time around after the rookie went 5-for-11 (.455) with two homers in three starts since then. Other than that switch Arizona is using the same lineup as Game 1.
Milwaukee’s lineup is the same one it used in each of the series’ first three games, as the Brewers only changed things up in Game 4–swapping in Carlos Gomez and George Kottaras for Nyjer Morgan and Jonathan Lucroy–because a left-hander was on the mound.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)