Oct 7, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the Diamondbacks-Brewers series:
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS MILWAUKEE BREWERS 1. Willie Bloomquist, SS 1. Corey Hart, RF 2. Aaron Hill, 2B 2. Nyjer Morgan, CF 3. Justin Upton, RF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 4. Miguel Montero, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Paul Goldschmidt, 1B 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 6. Chris Young, CF 6. Jerry Hairston, 3B 7. Ryan Roberts, 3B 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 8. Gerardo Parra, LF 8. Jonathan Lucroy, C SP Ian Kennedy, RHP SP Yovani Gallardo, RHP
Lyle Overbay was the Diamondbacks’ starting first baseman against Yovani Gallardo in Game 1 of this series, but manager Kirk Gibson has decided to go with Paul Goldschmidt versus Gallardo the second time around after the rookie went 5-for-11 (.455) with two homers in three starts since then. Other than that switch Arizona is using the same lineup as Game 1.
Milwaukee’s lineup is the same one it used in each of the series’ first three games, as the Brewers only changed things up in Game 4–swapping in Carlos Gomez and George Kottaras for Nyjer Morgan and Jonathan Lucroy–because a left-hander was on the mound.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)