Oct 7, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
This is not exactly news — it was announced a couple of years ago and I recall mocking it then — but today Grant Brisbee reminds us of one of the signature features of the Marlins’ new ballpark: a plug-ugly and gigantic … thing which will light up and go crazy every time there’s a home run hit by the hometown nine. Go check out the post, complete with an animated rendering of what it will look like when Mike Stanton goes yard.
Somewhere there is a 1970s-era Las Vegas casino missing its fountain.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)