Oct 7, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
This is not exactly news — it was announced a couple of years ago and I recall mocking it then — but today Grant Brisbee reminds us of one of the signature features of the Marlins’ new ballpark: a plug-ugly and gigantic … thing which will light up and go crazy every time there’s a home run hit by the hometown nine. Go check out the post, complete with an animated rendering of what it will look like when Mike Stanton goes yard.
Somewhere there is a 1970s-era Las Vegas casino missing its fountain.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)