Oct 7, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
Ron Washington waited to see who the Rangers would be playing in the ALCS before announcing their rotation, but it looks like the Tigers will be facing the same starters the Rays did.
If true that means the Tigers would face five left-handed starters if the series goes seven games and they had the fourth-highest OPS in the league versus southpaws. Right-hander Alexi Ogando, who started for nearly the entire season before moving to the bullpen for the ALDS, will remain a reliever.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 24
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 33
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 34
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)