Oct 7, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Ron Washington waited to see who the Rangers would be playing in the ALCS before announcing their rotation, but it looks like the Tigers will be facing the same starters the Rays did.
If true that means the Tigers would face five left-handed starters if the series goes seven games and they had the fourth-highest OPS in the league versus southpaws. Right-hander Alexi Ogando, who started for nearly the entire season before moving to the bullpen for the ALDS, will remain a reliever.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 2
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)